Terms and Conditions
Peace of Mind Plumbing Program
Find Peace of Mind knowing that your wallet and plumbing are protected!
You consent to our collection of information relating to the service of your home, such as name, address, email, phone number, and the collection and withdrawal of monthly payments.
In addition, you consent to contact via email or phone in relation to your account for reasons such as, but not limited to: scheduling, quality assurance, payments, and promotions.
Lastly, you consent to the monthly withdrawal of $12.99+HST from your preferred banking account. Membership is on a monthly basis, however, your membership will automatically renew each month until you request cancellation with 30 days notice.
Please note, that although you may cancel at any time, if you cancel within the first year, any discounts or savings must be paid back. However, after one year, you may cancel without requiring payback of any savings.
Peace of Mind – Worry-Free Plumbing
Thank you for choosing John The Plumber. We are grateful for your business and look forward to servicing your home and providing world-class service with a Peace of Mind Plumbing Program membership.
The benefits of the program are as outlined below:
- 20% Discount on Plumbing on service calls up to $1000
- 10% Discount on Plumbing balance over $1000
- 20% Discount on Gas services (where applicable) up to $1000
- 10% Discount on Gas services (where applicable) on balance over $1000.
- No Service Call Fee
- No Quote Fee
- Flexible scheduling
- Priority emergency service
- $100 annual credit towards a new water heater or furnace (where applicable)
- Annual plumbing inspection
- Annual sump pump inspection
- Up to 3-year warranties on plumbing (certain exceptions may apply)
- No breakdown maintenance guarantee for 90 days
- Annual hot water tank flush
- Backwater valve maintenance
- Subject to changes
- Discounts and benefits do not apply to services or parts performed by contractors outside of John The Plumber
- Except for specifically provided, your plan coverage is non-refundable
- We have the right to change, from time to time, any term that applies to your plan, including any plan rates and charges, by sending you prior notice of the change and such change will be effective 30 days after the date set out in that notice.
- The costs of redecoration and restoration costs required as a result of any work performed in connection with any of the plans are not covered. This includes wall-coverings, drywall, plaster, wallpaper, paint, floor coverings, tile, cabinetry, countertops, landscaping, or repair of any structural or cosmetic defects.
Annual Plumbing Inspection
- Annual plumbing inspection covers inspection of all accessible plumbing, testing of fixtures, testing of drains, inspection of accessible hot and cold water pipes, an inspection of accessible drain pipes, inspection of accessible cleanout, faucet test and inspection, an inspection of mechanical popup stoppers, inspection of piping to your dishwasher and refrigerator, an inspection of the toilets and toilet components, temperature tests, water heater inspection, sump pump test and inspection, outdoor faucet inspection, shutoff valve tests, etc. Subject to what is accessible for technician.
- Annual plumbing inspection does not include sewer camera inspection, removal of drywall, or invasive cuts or digs.
- Your plan is in effect for a one-month term, which term shall automatically be renewed for successive one-month terms until cancelled by either us or by you upon written notice to the other party. Such cancellation will be effective on the date written notice is given unless the party giving the notice indicates otherwise within such notice.
- If you cancel this agreement, you will remain liable to us for any outstanding amounts owing to your account. In the event that we cancel this agreement, our liability will be restricted to a refund, if any, of the unexpired portion of any payments made, and to completing any repairs or parts placements we have quoted, approved, and begun.
- If you cancel the agreement within the first year, any discounts or credits used must be paid back in full at the time of cancellation. We reserve the right to collect any outstanding balances in relation to the program.
- A monthly payment will be automatically charged to the provided account once per month. The automatic payments will continue until the date the service agreement is cancelled.
- If the banking account provided by the customer no longer allows for monthly payment, a corresponding balance will be added to the account which we may contact you for collection.
Landlord and Multi-House Service
- A customer may apply their benefits to multiple homes. However, the annual benefits, including but not limited to annual plumbing inspection and $100 annual water heater credit, may only be applied to one home per 12-month period. The benefits may be applied to another home each year.
Notice of Changes
- You agree to inform us of any change of your mailing address at least 30 days in advance of such change. If you have chosen to make your payments under this agreement, you must inform us in writing of any changes in the bank account information you provided.
- We reserve the right to make changes to benefits, coverage, and charges with 30-day prior notice.
Unavailable Parts and Part Replacement
- If a part is unavailable, we will attempt to obtain a replacement part or an equivalent substitute as quickly as possible, but limited availability of certain parts may result in delays from time to time.
Limit on Liability
- We are not the manufacturer or supplier of plumbing appliances, drain systems, and fixtures, and we make no representations, warranties, or conditions as to the performance of such equipment or system. We will not be liable for any loss, damage, or injury of any type arising out of or related to your plan or caused or contributed in any way by the use and operation of the plumbing units and drain system, or any indirect, incidental, special, or consequential damages, even if reasonably foreseeable. If we are not able to perform any of our obligations under this agreement because of circumstances or events beyond our control, we shall be excused from the performance of such obligations for the duration of such circumstances or events and we shall not be liable to you for such failure to perform. These plans are not insurance and do not cover any losses, repairs, or replacements arising from abuse, accidental, or deliberate damage, theft, vandalism, fire, flood, freezing, earthquake, or other disasters, acts of war, acts of God, unauthorized repair, if the equipment has been turned off, improper settings, or household electrical problems.
- You will indemnify us from all claims, losses, and costs that we may suffer or pay or may be required to pay, including legal expenses, in connection with the plumbing and drain system, and heating system, your plan or the use and operations of either the system or unit, including any claims against us for any injury or death to individuals or damage to property. You will pay, when due, all taxes and other charges imposed by any governmental authority on or in connection with this agreement or your payments made under it.